Presidential History Roundup #3 – Interesting news about Presidential history:
- Top 10 Presidential traits: Click here to read article about speech by Presidential historian and author Doris Kearns Goodwin on March 26, 2015 at Virginia Tech.
- Air Force One: Why does Air Force One need to be replaced? Brief news article describing the history of presidential air travel, and the military’s plans to replace Air Force One with 3 new planes – scheduled to begin service in 2023.
- Technology and the Presidency: Why are 4 seconds of Nixon-era tapes still classified information?
- Earliest Presidential photo: This photo was taken of John Quincy Adams, our nation’s 6th President, in 1843, at his home in Quincy (formerly Braintree), Massachusetts, when he was around 76 years old. He served as President from 1825-1829.
- Presidential health: Did Ronald Reagan show signs of Alzheimer’s as President? Interesting analysis from a new study of the changes in his language during his news conferences.